Are you struggling? Are you harboring thoughts, feelings or emotions that you’re not quite sure what do with? Are you looking to make changes in your life, but feel stuck? So many of us feel alone – but we’re not.
I’m following the direction, inspiration and encouragement that I could start an advice forum – so I am. It’s not that I have all the answers. It’s because time and experience have shown that specific approaches and solutions I’ve presented to others have been successful – at work, at home and at play.
If you have a pressing issue – personal, professional or other – and seek guidance, neutral feedback or input from someone who may be able to help, this is for you.
To connect, please visit the Ask Pennwell page and post your question in the Leave a reply section at the bottom.
Your name and contact information will be anonymous. All posts will be addressed by topic, not name or email.
This page is intended to be a safe haven for exchanging anything – without judgment or bias. We can feel alone, feel different, feel no one would get it. Rest assured – you are not alone. We are all different, but can share like challenges and people who get it – will get it.
Anyone will be welcomed to comment and share their experiences. If comments are considered rude, angry, hurtful or disrespectful, they will be removed immediately. Verbal assaults will not be tolerated. Period.
What background and credentials do I have to support this online venture? Some will want to – and should – know.
- BA, Summa Cum Laude, Psychology
- Masters work in MBA Studies, Organizational Behavior
- NASM Certified Behavior Change Specialist
- AFAA Certified Personal Trainer and Group Fitness Instructor
- Certified Business Etiquette and International Protocol Trainer, The Protocol School of Washington
- Certified Children, Adolescent and Young Adult Etiquette and Leadership Trainer, The Etiquette and Leadership Institute
- Former Instructor, The Barbizon School of Modeling and Acting and JRP, the John Robert Powers modeling and acting school and agency, Boston
- State approved judge, Miss Massachusetts
- Former judge Miss America system, Miss USA system, USA Ambassador, National Miss American Coed
- Published freelance writer and poet, television appearances include MTV and Chronicle
- Marketing professional in the medical device industry by day with more than 30 years experience in healthcare full-time, both clinical and corporate experience
- Daughter, grandchild, niece, cousin, friend, volunteer, neighbor and human being who wants to make an impact – this is the most important on the list
To me, education, credentials and accolades don’t always add up to much. I experienced and accomplished a lot of wonderful things before entering the corporate world. It was a blessing – and a curse in some ways. Corporate life robbed me of my soul work – but I’m back and finding a way to balance both.
The best and most valuable thing I have to offer is what I have learned from living life without a seat belt on most occasions. I wasn’t afraid to say yes and I wasn’t afraid of what people thought – within reason. I wasn’t afraid to try and I wasn’t afraid to fail.
What I was afraid to do was live a life filled with regrets and I was afraid of letting others dictate my decisions. Often that was wise, but sometimes that was rebellious and self-destructive. Happy to have allowed it all, even when I find myself saying, “Maybe I shouldn’t have done that.” I continue to try, fail, learn and most importantly – share. Because I do know what it feels like to be alone – even with solid, wonderful, loving people around you. Respectfully, it doesn’t mean they always get it.
I could have done a lot more. But, as a dear friend once said to me, just because I could, doesn’t mean I should. The truth is I never liked the spotlight, lacked the confidence and never had the superficial showmanship to make it more. I’ve always been about lead by example and liked being the stage hand of life behind the actors who take the stage. Ego and self-promotion were not at the forefront – so here I am.
It’s not about publicity, fame or fortune – it’s about spreading valuable messages far and wide that may impact the life of another. That’s what drives me. That’s what I live for.
It is within my mistakes, my experiences and the lessons learned that bring the most value and potential benefit to others. And for me, that’s what matters most. So many sit on a high horse and judge. They throw stones. They assume, generalize, moralize and think they know all. I think not.
So bring it on. And I have the faith to believe that I can help you on your journey. If not, money back is a guarantee – it’s free. 🙂
You simply need to be open, honest and ready to face yourself. Ask Pennwell. I thank you in advance for your trust in letting me into your world.